Armed helicopters fitted with a 70mm rocket system are ideal platforms responding to different military requirements and different mission profiles providing improved defensive capabilities and an organic ability to reduce threats in an operating zone.
The rocket system is part of the weaponry used by the Army, Air Force and Navy capabilities against e.g.
- mounting threats to homeland security
- insurgency, piracy by armed syndicates and militia groups,
- drug trafficking
- border control and coast guarding
- ground fire support
- FZ rocket systems are installed and used on all Airbus Helicopter military versions, in various configurations :
- Symmetrical configuration of 2 or 4 rocket launchers and
- Asymmetrical configurations : one rocket launcher combined with gun pods
- FZ 70 mm rocket system are also qualified on Leonardo Helicopters (formerly AgustaWestland) helicopters such as EH101 and A109 variants
- FZ has equipped the most powerful attack helicopters AH-2 Rooivalk (Denel) with 6 external hard points
- HAL has selected the FZ 70 mm rocket systems for their combat and military helicopters supporting Army and Air Forces with the launcher, ALH and recently the LCH