Fixed wings aircraft fitted with a 70mm rocket system are ideal platforms responding to different military requirements and different mission profiles providing improved defensive capabilities and an organic ability to reduce threats in an operating zone.
The Rocket system is part of the weaponry used by the Army, Air Force and Navy capabilities against e.g.
- mounting threats to homeland security
- insurgency, piracy by armed syndicates and militia groups,
- drug trafficking
- border control and coast guarding
- Ground fire support and attack
- FZ rocket systems are installed and used on Hawk series (BAe Systems) in various configurations :
- 7 tube or 19 tubes, in pairs or in fours
- FZ rocket launchers are also used on combat aircraft on various platforms such as F-5 Tiger, F-16 Falcon, F/A-18 Hornet
- Besides these, smaller aircraft also benefit from the same weapon system. Usually, the 7-tube rocket launcher (LAU32), thanks to its weight and dual mode (WA and FFAR) offers a suitable 70mm rocket system. It can be easily fitted onto platforms such as Hawker Beechcraft AT-6C, Embraer EMB 314 Tucano & Super Tucano, …